|Reference||Channing Lucas & Partners|
Position Title – Marine Insurance Technician – Lloyd’s
Department – Channing Lucas & Partners Ltd
Location – Office, Hybrid
Full/Part-time/Contract – Full time
Direct Reporting – Office Manager
- To carry out technical insurance work as required to enable the production and issuance of all necessary insurance documentation to clients and underwriters.
- To provide technical insurance support to business units to assist in risk processing.
- Authorisations- to prepare and send/sign any necessary letters/ emails or documents to assist in the processing of the company’s business.
Key result areas:
- To work to meet all Lloyd’s requirements concerning business handling/processing.
- To provide technical support to business units.
- To adhere to the company’s procedures and regulatory requirements concerning technical processing of the company’s business.
Skills and Competencies:
- Market and technical insurance knowledge including processing of insurance/ reinsurance business
- Good communication skills- able to communicate on technical insurance matters with clients, underwriters, London insurance market departments and CLP staff as necessary.
- Work well under own supervision or within a team.
- Computer literate and knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Insurance qualification an advantage but not necessary.
- Minimum 5 GCSE at A to C (or 9-4) and minimum 2 A Levels at A to C (or 9-4)
Technical Experience: Preferably 5 years technical experience with Lloyd’s Brooker in London Insurance Market processing and procedures.
Key Relationships Internal:
- Office Manager- Work allocation and resolution of issues.
- Business Units (Brokers & Accounts)- Production of technical documentation etc. General liaising on technical matters.
Key Relationships External:
- Clients- Client servicing on technical/documentation matters as required.
- Underwriters- Liaising with underwriters to resolve issues arising on technical/ documentation matters.
Training will be provided on the GPM document production and accounting system and you are encouraged to attend internal and external training courses and to study the CII examinations.
To apply, please email: